With the holidays approaching and Santa getting ready to deliver drones to everyone, right Santa?! But in all seriousness, drones are on the top of many Christmas wish lists again this year, which means many first time operators will soon be flying their new drones. The Consumer Technology Association expects that Americans will buy 1.6 million drones over the holidays, almost half the total for the entire year. First-time drone operators (and experienced operators) should always use caution when flying their drone.
Follow these simple safety tips whenever you fly a drone:
- Don’t fly near power lines
- Keep drones in your line of sight
- Check weather conditions - high winds make can make it difficult to control your drone
- Avoid flying over crowds
- Avoid flying near airports and manned aircrafts
- Avoid flying near prisons
If you still haven’t made up your mind on which drone you want Santa to bring you, check out our review guide. We tested every drone on the market and listed the top 10 drones to buy based on budget, experience level, and camera quality.